Brambach

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:22:10 -0500

The hammers are actually good. I'd either steam them, juice them with
alcohol, or needle them- don't know what she'd think.  But this is, as
should be obvious, my attempt to get some more experienced folks to tell
her what I've already told her.

Now, she's a therapist, and he's a psychaitrist- University teaching, not
private practice, so they're not wealthy, though she drives an 850 Volvo
and I the cheapest extended cap Ford Ranger I could get..........   I did
say to her, "Now what would you tell a client who presented what you have
just done...................."
Thanks
les bartlett
houston.

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:34:49 -0500 kam544@flash.net writes:
> >...Lady is complaining of thuddy bass strings, and "tinny" tone, and
> doesn't
> >want to spent much money.  Any suggestions...
> >les bartlett
>
> Les, List,
>
> If you are willing to work in an attempt to solve this piano's
> problems and
> receive the money she doesn't want to spend, you can experiment as
> much as
> you want and as long as you want.
>
> Two ideas follow:
>
> 1) Short of replacing the bass strings, I have twisting offending
> ones back
> and forth for temporary new life until replacement was the only
> option.
>
> 2) As to tinny tone areas (hammers with little or no felt), I have
> taken
> buckskin and glued it to the hammer faces and adjusted let-off to
> compensate for the added thickness.  Then I harden the leather to
> blend it
> in with the rest of the piano.
>
> Keith McGavern
> Registered Piano Technician