SOJ

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:33:49 -0700

Diane Hofstetter
245-M Mount Hermon Rd.#343
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
ph  831-438-6222
fax 831-430-9741
dianepianotuner@hotmail.com

It's almost a certainty that "this isn't a fix, but it will get
>you going temporarily", will morph in the customer's mind until it glows in
>the dark as "COMPLETE REBUILD". .
>
>Ron N

I've had customers tell me "My valuable antique upright has been completely
refelted" and found 11 damper felts replaced; "My husband gave me this
antique Steinway upright, completely rebuilt, as a wedding gift" (it had one
piece of pretty, new felt woven in and out along the top line of the bass
bridge pins, just barely covering the large crack); "This grand was just
completely rebuilt, now I need to have it refinished" (it had one piece of
pretty red felt covering the crack in the plate!, nothing else done to it).

I came to the conclusion that if they have spent anything over $200 on
repairs to the piano, in their minds it is "completely rebuilt".

Diane