SOJ

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 07:38:50 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Servinsky" <tompiano@gate.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 26, 2001 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: SOJ

> I have a found way, though, which generally indicates over the phone
> conversation if and when a customer actually had had the work completely
> done. Those who have spent a tremendous amounts of money on an incredible
> rebuilt, generally searched thoroughly for the right person to do the
work.
> After the work was completed they won't let just anybody touch the piano.
> They are much more selective and careful as to who they let to work on the
> instrument.  Their phone conversation usually takes on the form of an
> interview...they doing the interviewing.  Then I have a hunch that in
fact,
> they had the piano rebuilt.
> Tom Servinsky,RPT

Along this line, if you simply ask, "Oh, that's great....and who did the
rebuilding?"

If they answer promptly, "It was ____ ________ and he did a great job. He
had the piano.....and blah, blah, blah......." they probably did have the
piano rebuilt. It may or may not have been done well, but they did something
together. If they say most anything else, like "oh, my last piano tuner did
it one afternoon between coffee breaks." Well, you know.

Del