good, bad grand actions

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:37:23 +0200

Dave Nereson wrote:

> <I hope this doesn't sound like too goofy a question. I guess I'm asking
> whether a Young Chang (or whatever generally viewed lower quality action)
> can be made to play as well as any good quality action (neglecting the
> difference in pianos - which I fully realize can dramatically affect the way
> an action performs)?>
>
>    --

I cant see why not... just depends on how much work you are willing to put into
it,, and of course how much technical insight you have. Probably you could go so
far as to say virtually any action can be made to play significantly superior to
any factory finished action.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway