Broken String/James Gammon

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:03:10 -0700

James,
I think what the outlandish types are trying to tell you is: The piano is
not a do-it-yer-self project and is best left for someone who has the
experience/knowledge to replace a string properly. And "Tinkering" is a
no-no.
Having said that, I'm sure that your local technician would be willing to
help you replace the string. The cost will, most certainly be more than the
$10 you quoted, but worth the time and effort, on your part. I rather
suspect that your piano is in dire need of a tuning as well. So, bite the
bullet and call a technician, please. <G>
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>