New tuner, tuning a player piano

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:49:52 -0500

I am scheduled to tune an old player piano on Jan 8th. Don't know the
brand, but I think all the player parts have been removed.

I am a fledgling aural tuner and feel I am learning the ropes quite
well, but I'm wondering if there are any things to watch out for with
players? Any books I could get and read by that time? Is any special
preparation needed?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Steve Borgstrom
Brooklyn Park, MN

Steve,
	If your short (I'm 5' 6" ) Bring a back brace. I find the added
depth of the case in players makes me pitch forward --- no pun intended
--- and with a history of lower lumbar strains this posture puts me at
risk. If you're tall and or have long arms this will not be a problem
for you.
	Tom Driscoll