Aural versus ETD tuning training

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 20:11:55 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2002 8:02:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, bigda@gte.net
writes:
>   How small a move can you make and still move the
> whole pin?
I remember someone telling me,think of a gear turning,and you want to be able
to move it,one tooth at a time.This really helped me,to barely tweak a
note.It also takes me about 45 to 60 minutes to tune,depending on the
instrument.It really does'nt take any longer for a concert tuning,as my
instruments are usually very dead on,because of the number of times I tune
them. I also like to think, I set one pin as good as the next,no matter what
piano I'm at,everyone gets the same effort.
Best,
Hazen Bannister