Pricing Models

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:10:08 EST

In a message dated 2/2/02 5:04:18 PM !!!First Boot!!!, drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
writes:

> I suppose the ultimate in fairness would be to charge a hourly rate for all
> service. The client that has a wonderful piano and wishes to have superior
> service would end up paying less and the "once in a lifetime" folks would
> pay a great deal more.

The problem with this is that a customer won't know if you are really doing a
lot of service for a fair hourly rate, or if yo are new to the business, and
taking extra time to fix problems that a more experienced tuner can do in
half the time.

I had that happen to me once when I had my furnace worked on. The company
sent out a new recruit, who took two hours to fix a problem. Later I found
out the problem should have been fixed in about 15 minutes.

Wim