stripped pin

Denele Campbell dcampbell@sprynet.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:32:17 -0600

I visited a new client yesterday with a 10-15 yr old full-size upright, =
well known brand. She had requested a tuning, and all was in excellent =
order until I arrived at one particular tuning pin in the upper bass. =
All four shoulders of the pin had been shaved off -- no doubt the =
previous tooner had struggled. I can only assume there was factory =
damage compounded by an unwitting, untrained tooner.=20

There was absolutely nothing left to grip in the hammer tip, and various =
efforts with various sized tuning tips did nothing to move the pin.=20

I'm wondering how I get this pin out.

Denele Campbell, RPT
NW Arkansas