Steinway B value

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:42:31 -0500

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 12:24 AM, PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 2/11/02 7:31:34 PM, tomtuner@mediaone.net writes:
>
> << Dear List,
>
>     I've been asked to broker a !0 year old Walnut Steinway B. This
> piano has
> been in a home with light use.
>
>     In the past I've used the depreciation from replacement cost
> schedule
> found in Larry Fines book  and will run the numbers when I confirm
> price from
> our local dealer.
>
>     Tom,
>
> It's hard to "bluebook" a piano like this

Perhaps we could do some benchmarking by looking at today's Boston Globe
listings:

St Bs: 37K, 44K
St O: 24K, 28K
St A: 34K, 36K, 95.5K (art case remanuf by Peter Mohr)
St D: 45K
St C: 27K
Of course conditions vary, from fully remanufactured to reconditioned,
and most of the prices are probably  subject to negotiation

Patrick