Twist and Shout

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:29:07 -0500

At 08:35 PM 02/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Howdy Zen,
>What kinda piano (brand, model, age)? Rebuilt? Give us more details!
>
>Patrick
>
>Hey Patrick!
>
>It was a Boston UP118 studio, maybe 5 years old.  I have a feeling that
>this is one of those cases that the dealer doesn't want to cover the cost
>of the pin-levelling because it has been so long since it was delivered
>... and the manufacturer probably feels that such a procedure is part of
>the dealer prep process ... and the church doesn't feel they should have
>to pay for such a job on such a young piano.
>         Z! Reinhardt  RPT
>Ann Arbor  MI
><mailto:diskladame@provide.net>diskladame@provide.net

Zenster-

You've always struck me as fairly reasonable.  The scenario you are
describing is a nightmare waiting not to happen.  There is no way in (mood
watch) that you should be projecting yourself into this situation.  Let
everyone go hire lawyers.  Besides, even if you were able to fix the
torque, these pianos are difficult to tune, due, in part, to what seems to
be very low friction at the pressure bar.  Go find something truly
constructive to do with that hammering urge.

Hmm! sounds a little like Newton. Don't you think?

Best -

David Skolnik