Twist and Shout

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:11:37 EST

diskladame@provide.net writes:

> It was a Boston UP118 studio, maybe 5 years old.  I have a feeling that this
> is one of those cases that the dealer doesn't want to cover the cost of the
> pin-levelling because it has been so long since it was delivered ... and
> the manufacturer probably feels that such a procedure is part of the dealer
> prep process ... and the church doesn't feel they should have to pay for
> such a job on such a young piano.

I am not sure, but I have a feeling that this is a manufacturers default, not
something the dealer is responsible for. A piano should never leave a factory
with pins that high. The dealer probably was not even aware that the pins
were a problem. That doesn't mean, however, that the dealer should be made
aware of the problem. Before proceeding I would definitely get back to the
dealer on this one, and get him, or the manufacturer, to pay for the repair.
I have a feeling, though, that the dealer will probably want to send his own
tech to do the work, or even have the piano brought back to the store to be
repaired.

Wim