impact hammer technique tips?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:04:10 +0100

Patrick,

I've been thinking about using this kind of hammer for some time, but I am
fortunate enough to not have to tune a lot of hard pinning verticals.

I wonder if you ever experiment bass string breakage while using the impact
hammer, tell you that because I had this kind of problem when I was using a
jerking method (some time ago)

Do you emphasis the use of the playing hand to settle the strings and pin
with this hammer (vs. traditional tuning lever) ?
It is amazing how much one can settle the pin while playing relatively
softly, but with a very lively projecting sound. My guess is that if the
unison is optimum, the pin is settled at the same time (that is how I feel
it anyway)

Isaac OLEG

Mucho grando expert in concerto tunings