piano lamps

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:31:07 EST

In a message dated 2/19/02 8:33:29 AM !!!First Boot!!!,=20
dnereson@dimensional.com writes:

> When I used to work for a piano dealer, I remember being overwhelmed at
> the prices for new piano lamps -- $70 for your typical nice, brass piano
> lamp, and that was in the 80's.   I don't know what the good ones sell for
> now, but for those who can't see forking out all that dough just for a
> stupid lamp, there's one available at Wal-Mart for only $13 !!   Looks jus=
> like the expensive ones to me, and serves the purpose.   Mainstays d=E9cor=
 is
> the brand; piano desk lamp, model P10XM, bulb not included, but Wal-Mart
> also has the bulb, a 60W type T bulb.          --David Nereson, RPT, Denve=
>=20
>=20

You get what you pay for. Some cars sell for less than $10,000, other for=20
over $250,000. Both have four wheels and an engine that propels the car down=
=20
the road. By the same token, some grands sell for $5,000, and others for ove=
r=20
$200,000. Both have 88 keys, and sound comes out when the keys are depressed=
.=20
It's all in the eye, (and ear) or the beholder.

Wim=20