Equal Temperament, Oh really, what else is news?

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:49:33 -0800

I think you've really lost all perspective in this.  Good luck.

David Love

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: February 21, 2002 5:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Equal Temperament, Oh really, what else is news?

  In a message dated 2/21/02 6:57:53 PM Central Standard Time, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net (David Love) writes:=20

    It's unfortunate that the discussion can't take place without so =
much vitriol and politics.

  What vitriol and which politics?  Maybe in your mind, yes.  Anteres =
really believes that  "most" tuners tune in ET and I don't.  I have =
plenty of experience and evidence to formulate my basis for my beliefs.  =
This is not the first time I've been called "Don Quixote".  I harly =
think that is a reason to change my point of view or the way I present =
it.  I also happen to like the book and the musical and will be doing a =
number from that show in an upcoming performance.  Anyone can write =
whatever they want about ET and it is acceptable but trying to argue =
against commonly held beliefs is seen as "ranting and raving", =
regardless of the tone.=20

  And thanks for you contribution, Conrad, it really does put things =
into a nice perspective.  I already know what most of the world thinks =
about this and why they think what they do.  What you would have me do =
after the least bit of argument is to go away and hide.  Then it =
wouldn't be vitriolic and political because your line of thinking would =
have prevailed.  But so long as I continue to write about what I think =
is important and relevant, it bothers you.=20

  You have a choice, don't read it.  But because you do and you engage =
in argument or discussion, it means that you are troubled by what you =
fear may really be true but don't want to admit.  Therefore, your best =
defense is an offense, an attempt to put it down.=20

  I double dare this CTE guy to put forth his research which shows what =
he thinks it does.  It will be about as firmly founded as the =
"Scientific Creationism" teachings are that try to prove that the =
Christian Bible's every word can be taken literally.  If you want to =
believe that ET always was and always will be, it's up to you.  I, for =
one, believe just the opposite.=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-=20