getting punch(y)ings

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:45:24 EST

In a message dated 2/22/02 9:34:21 AM Central Standard Time, Bigeartb@AOL.COM
writes:

> I am about to reset  the
> "harp" on a grand piano ....pin block replaced...will restring. This piano
> has 5 nose bolts. I am not real sure how I can line up 5 bolts to go
> through
> the harp. Do you have any ideas.
> I think I may need some sort of extension screwed onto the nosebolts so I
> can
> get my hand under the harp to help line each bolt up. I have never rebuilt
> an
> instrument with so many nose bolts.
>
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala.

Tommy

How are you putting the plate back in? I use a come-along, mounted on the
ceiling. (find a strong beam, and attach a big C clamp). This will allow you
to lift the plate in and out. The nose bolts are lined up exactly with the
holes in the plate. So when you bring the plate down, the nose bolts will
find their holes. It takes a little maneuvering, but it will work.

Wim