Verituner users

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:58:25

to those fence-sitters:

What I still haven't heard back from the doubters is a "ears off" test.
Where do the different EDT's get you "out of the box", without any visual
matching of partials, or adjustments to the calculation.  I've tried with
some of the toughest pianos I see; the Baldwin Hamiltons.  Try to get
beatless octaves across the break.  Yes, there is a difference in the
calculations of the different machines.  Yes, the Verituner made the best
choices to my ear. Can you "fix" a tuning with your ears, well sure, are you
looking for a machine that you can trust, or one you need to constantly
double-check?   You can listen to the people that are using the VT, or you
can listen to an ex-SAT salesman that knows every trick in the book to
combine the machines with the ear to come up with great tunings. (that's not
a bad thing, by the way!) The VT comes up with good tunings, hands off. (no
multi-pages, tweaking, etc, remeber the Wurlitzer spinet a few weeks back?)

Yes, I do miss having all the business benefits of the laptop, but I don't
miss lugging the weight.

Ron Koval
(enjoying the latest upgrade; waiting for the PC link next)