Cease Fire! Apologies to all

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:51:20 EST

In a message dated 2/23/02 2:48:20 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Billbrpt@AOL.COM
writes:

> I can be quite quick and sharp with a come back, quite satirical and be
> quite cynical sounding but if you knew me personally, you'd know that I
> mean it no more seriously than Groucho Marx would have.  I respect all of
> you.  My goal as a piano technician and member of PTG has always been the
> advancement of the entire profession, not just maintaining the status quo.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT

Bill

Excuse me for being cynical, but I think I've heard this before. It is one
thing to advocate a tuning, and to explain it, and to promote it. That is
fine. I think we all agree that different tunings have their place. But to
blast those people who happen to disagree with you is wrong. You have done it
for a long time. And you have apologized for it. But it keeps happening.

So while you seem humbled this time, how long will it be before you go back
to your bad habits.

You and I used to be friends, and I knew you as a good person. But your
comments several years ago has left a bad taste in my mouth. While I
appreciate your tuning skills, it will take a lot more than an apology on
line to reevaluate our friendship.

Wim