pianotech-digest V2002 #327

Mickey Kessler mickeykes@znet.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:39:36 -0800

At 10:49 AM 2/23/02 -0700, you wrote:
>The chain saw is going to make too much noise and dust. The palstique, on
>the other hand, might be the choice of weapons, but you have to make sure
>you know where to put the explosive, in order for it to do the most good.
>
>But before you get too excited about blowing up the Wheelock, look on the
>sides of the fall board, with it about half way up. On the sides you will
>find two screws holding a metal bar. Remove the screws, and the fall board
>will lift right out.
>
>Wim

Wim, thanks for the advice.  I agree about chain saws, they're just too
damn loud.  The explosives, on the other hand, if covered with a few layers
of blast shielding, make a very satisfying thooomp, but some customers
object to the subsequent inevitable visits from the FBI and other
do-gooders who know little about piano technology.

In any case, I swear I looked at the sides of the fallboard and didn't see
anything resembling screws or metal bars.  I'll check again though.  I'm
fallible (which is another argument against my using plastique in populated
areas, I suppose).  And my eyes ain't what they used to be.  Nor is my
head.  But I'll take another look.

Thanks again!

Mickey