Self Tuning Piano System

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:39:29 -0700

    All I can say is what I told the customer the last time I heard the =
old line about how the salesman told them that the piano was "self =
tuning."

    "That's true, but in order to get it back in tune, you have to play =
it backwards, and then hit the brakes HARD!"

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kent Swafford=20
  To: pianotech list=20
  Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 2:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Self Tuning Piano System

  On 2/25/02 1:13 PM, "Billbrpt@AOL.COM" <Billbrpt@AOL.COM> wrote:

  > QRS Music Technologies acquired the rights to develop this unique =
technology
  > from the inventor, Don A. Gilmore, Kansas City, Missouri.

  Conversations between inventor and piano tech have been, uh, short. =
Inventor
  wanted to talk about how simple this was as an engineering problem. =
Tech
  wanted to talk about the difficulties of calculating a tuning, =
choosing
  partials at which to tune, and setting the strings. No common ground.
  Believe it when you hear it.

  Kent