Laying Down on the Job

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:54:20 +0200

Alan, if you are doing this job in a customers home then be
on your guard. Its not just the piano you have to be
carefull about, but the floor, walls, anything laying
around. More then one tech has gotten into hot water by
scraping up a customer "select hardwood" flooring if you get
my meaning.

In anycase, a couple thick East Algorthian hand woven wool
throw rugs of appropriate size should be advisable. And an
extra and experienced hand in laying the piano down. Also,
remember you are going to have to lift the thing up again...
grin... so use a few thick felt wedges under the top back to
leave yourself some finger space.

Cheers

RicB

--