Baldwin caster socket question

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:35:05 -0500

Hi Joe,
             The Hamilton was spec'ed for Darnell castors, but you never
know when some Purchasing agent switched to save a nickel.
I agree with you, a force fit for the socket is most important. Sloppy fit
of sockets, due to either bad drilling or humidity shrinkage, is the #1
cause of castor failure.
We have lined many of the holes with Veneer to tighten the sockets, also
add 1 1/4" screws for better security.
Regards Roger