Brambach Knuckles

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:08:42 -0700

The integrated knuckle on some piano hammer shanks, I believe, were first
used by Kimball. Soooo, I have always referred to them a Kimball shanks,
implying that it had an integral knuckle. In fact, I have a few N.O.S. from,
I believe Tuners supply, that was only offered, by them, for a short time. I
have a 194? Kimball Service Manual and it has the specs on how to regulate
them, (with pictures!)<G>. I have forwarded said photos to Jeannie Grassi,
in hopes that this problem system will get published in the PTJ.
Unfortunately, because the manual I have is a "photo copy" type, and the
photos, themselves, are regular photos of grainy quality, it's going to take
someone with digital enhancement know-how to get them readable.
Perhaps, Guru Jack might know the original source of these.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)