Strange Mail Delivery, Was: More EBVT Data

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:47:50 -0700

At 08:34 AM 10/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill,
>
>At 09:27 10/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hazen,
>>
>>Why are you bringing this up now? How did Antares' post show up? Was it
>>addressed to the list?
>
>It is probably one of those virii that is doing it. Someone's computer has
>it and is generating the spurious posts.
>
>Another example of why it is imperative to keep your virus protection up
>to date.

McAfee caught this twice -- a post from Antares to the list, but showing up
in my personal mailbox, with an attachment containing "Bugbear." I deleted
both, and warned Antares to scan his machine. Actually, I've had two other
posts with subject lines I'd normally open show up with Bugbear in them. It
seems to be a plague. One knocked out my whole Cuban list mailbox, and I
had to start over -- this is even when McAfee caught it on entry. A virus
scan showed one more infected file, too.

Keep those virus definitions up to date! There's an epidemic out there!

Susan