Bridge cap materials

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:29:27 -0500

>     Del
>     I suppose falconwood to have essentially the same non-desireable=20
> characteristics as the delignit?  Is the cap making you employ time=20
> consumning > How many laminations? Never mind I can guess but the=20
> hardness issue remains,I mean it's still maple.
>     Dale

Dale,
The problem with notching Delignit, and likely Falconwood as well though I=
=20
haven't tried it, is the 90=B0 cross ply. Laminating 1.5-2mm maple at under=
=20
10=B0 angles gets you enough cross plying for strength, but it's still close=
=20
enough to parallel to hand notch if you don't happen to have built a power=
=20
notcher just yet. Try it. It's terrific stuff.

Ron N