Bridge cap materials

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:08:26 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2002 8:52:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca writes:

> Subj:Re: Bridge cap materials
> Date:10/11/2002 8:52:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca">sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>     Stephen

         Well out here on the west coast I guess it is > we don't have any.
Dooms day stuff . Not at all. You must have a better supplier than Bolduc.
His supplies are  predominatly wide grain. I can drive to S.F. and select it
from  Macbeaths Lumber stores there but in the rough sawn condition it's hard
to select grain orientation. Your in a better location for lumber than I.
How and where do you buy your stock (names & addresses) and is it cut it some
spec.etc.? The cost isn't that big a consideration since I probably do less
than dozen sets of bridge caps a year. I'd gladly pay several hundred dollars
for a good years worth.
    Thanks for the info.
            Dale Erwin