Hammer Spring Rail Replacement

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:25:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/14/02 9:15:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
gholley@hi-techhousing.com writes:

> List.  I need information on securing a new hammer spring rail for a
> Baldwin-Howard, Spinet, drop action, with stickers.  Some springs are
> broken, others are all bent, in general hammers won't return

Instead of replacing the whole rail, why don't you replace the springs? You
can buy new springs from Schaff, (part No. 3777). They are not difficult to
remove, but it will be tricky to put them back in the hole. If they are too
long, cut off the end, and then put a little bend in the wire to fit in the
hammer butt.

Good luck

Wim