Bridge cap materials

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:58:54 -0500

Dale,

You are probably aware that Andre Bolduc sells pinblock and bridge cap
material.  I ordered some maple Bolduc bridge cap material from Pianotek
Supply, and I was extremely happy with what they sent.  It was quite
expensive, but the quality was better than I expected.  Granted, I have
only made a few bridges and never recapped a bridge yet, but Bolduc bridge
cap material worked well when I made a new bass bridge last year.  It was
truly quartersawn, and seemed to have a nice tight grain.

Sincerely,
David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO