Supply house confidentiality on prices

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:07:53 -0400

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 07:38  PM, David Love wrote:

> =A0
> Awhile ago we were discussing whether wholesale prices on supply house=20=

> items were available to the general public.=A0 Case in point.=A0 A=20
> customer of mine needing a piano cover called Schaff (found the label=20=

> on her other cover) to inquire about availability and price.=A0 They=20=

> were more than forthcoming about prices etc., without asking her any=20=

> questions or about her account status.=A0 She did not order the item =
for=20
> fear that they would ask her if she were a technician.=A0 Rather, she=20=

> called me with the price to ask if I could order it for her.=A0=A0

Whether or not the plumbing supply house would give me their wholesale=20=

price information, do you think that if I called my regular plumber,=20
and asked him to supply me with the extraordinarily expensive (retail=20
that is, about $220) water filter cartridges at *his cost* do you think=20=

he'd even bother to say "goodbye" as he hung up the phone?
Piano technicians -- we're just too nice ....

Patrick
PS Obscure Schaff's phone number next time ...

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1117 bytes