Supply house confidentiality on prices

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:25:14 EDT

Hi,
  I also own a music-piano retail store,although most of my time is in the
field,doing piano work.With just about all of my vendors,you have to have a
buisness licence,tax ID #,several accounts with other vendors,plus buisness
phone,store front,that kind of thing,before they get past greetings on the
phone.The first thing usually asked for, is an account number. If a customer
calls me price shopping,I give them my price,and tell them of the service
they are buying from me,as well as the product.If they order it
themselves,and it falls in half,they own both pieces.Whereas,I usually stock
the pieces,and can give them another one,or go to bat for them,getting
service from the manufacturer.After they look at it this way,I usually get
the sale.Schaff usually asks for a customer number up front as well.
Best,
Hazen Bannister