Kawaii Finish

Frances Helms fhelmsf@netscape.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:22:20 -0400

Thanks to all who replied.  I have done estensive refinishing in everything EXCEPT poly finishes.

I have done some work with polyurethane on only pianos owned by me, for experimentation.  They turned out not too badly, some slight blems - but noone who saw the pianos noticed them, and they were "give -aways", so no-one would have cared. Still this does not make me any kind of expert with this type of finish.

I have the lid in my home, and have done the patchwork -which looks pretty good.  While the finish does not have to be perfect, I would like it to look as good as possible.  So will follow your suggestion if I can find someone local who does more work with poly.

Thanks again,
Fran