Piano Lac Finish

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:00:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/2002 5:07:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jonpage@attbi.com writes:

   Jon Page writes
> Since the material has a higher solids content than lacquer you need to
> spray lighter coats, this is a little hard getting used to.
> It is perfect for 'overspray' finishes too. Believe it or not, PianoLac is
> the perfect finish material.
>
> How's this for a finish: Rub Effect Clear.  This product sprays on to a
> smooth semi gloss and looks hand rubbed. Talk about no work...
>
> Can you tell, I really like this product?

   Jon
   The black is great but the gloss is what I'm having major league problems
with. So your saying the rub effect just lays down and flows?I hope I get to
see that soon.
 Jon while your spraying all those light mist coats does the effect look like
kind of  spackly & dry that doesn't really flow out but just sits there just
on the surface? and as you build more funky looking coats it fills in and
flows?? Is that how it's supposed to work? I'm spraying right now with the
turbine air gun that Art was kind enough to loan me  ,at 50% R.H. set by him
and were still not there.
        I,m not trying to run the product in the down but I got off to a
incredibly bad start for a variety of reasons which were not all Mine. Arthur
has been trying to be helpful but nothing I've heard so far about flowing
out, or builds beautifully, even remotely resembles what I've gotten so far.
Yes I'll admit it's different process and I'm not the primary refinisher
here. But really we've tried so many things I'm beginning to wonder if I got
a Bad batch of material. Hey it happens. The black is great!! Never going
back to nitro there.
    Arthur If your listening the retarder is making the gloss coagulate. Any
answers there? It does help with the black flow out nicely and we've been
able to build that more rapidly. The black looks "wet and flows" Call me
please. We're testing more sample pieces till were confident of the result. I
want this to work.
   Once I like a product I'll tell everybody.
        Regards>>Dale Erwin