Winter & Co. .... Blahhh

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:25:05 -0600

Hi Zi,=20
Tuned one of those Alcoa types today!
Really not that bad.
 I had tuned it 6 months earlier for a store and while the bass was 5 =
cents low and the treble 3 to 5 cents high the tuning came out quite =
well. The piano now resides in a church that has constant temp control =
and is in a room away from the direct sun.
Now the other Winter piano that I will do work on, at another store is =
quite another story.
Bass strings breaking in the middle due to rodents and the hammers worn =
out, loose bridge pins as well as tuning pins. The case looks like it =
has been in a war zone.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Z! Reinhardt=20
  To: Alan R. Barnard ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 6:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Winter & Co. .... Blahhh

  Now try tuning one with an aluminum plate.  Talk about instability =
...!  But hey -- they were light enough for ordinary people (as opposed =
to piano movers) to push around to their liking.

  (I'll leave it to your collective imaginations where some of these may =
have ended up after a good push.)

  Z! Reinhardt  RPT
  Ann Arbor  MI
  diskladame@provide.net