lazay RPT oops!

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:36:42 EDT

Accidentally hit the send button on the last incomplete post.  Here it is
again, finished.

In a message dated 10/23/02 6:30:48 PM, dkvander@joplin.com writes:

<< Before calling someone lazy, you might try to find out more about the
circumstances of the service call.  >>

Perhaps you didn't read my entire post.

<<Here are appropriate reasons for adjusting capstans only in the middle and
not on the ends.
1.  When this is the first visit to a piano that needs so much work done
that I run out of time.>>

He has been tuning her piano for about 15 years.  And, she ASKED him to take
care of this problem, so if he ran out of time working on other things, he's
not only lazy, he's stupid.

<<2.  When the piano student is a beginner and is only playing notes between
C3 and C5.>>

As I stated, she is a professional musician.

<<3.  When I am pressed for time but want to improve the piano as much as I
can in the time allotted.>>

As I mentioned, he must have been in a hurry.  I really used the word "lazy"
kind of tongue in cheek.  He was "apparently" lazy; barring that, I wonder
what reason there could be?  I mean, really, the underlying reason I sent
this post was to possibly learn of a reason why lost motion might return (in
spades!) to the treble and bass sections of a piano and not to the middle.
I've only been in the business 5 or 6 years.  There's alot I don't know.  I
half-expected someone to write, "Check the Knooten Valve on that there
pianer: it might be jammed into the Blathoflange and that'll cause lost
motion on the ends of the keyboard every time!"

4.  When the piano is owned by a non-player.

Again, as I stated in the original post she is a professional musician.

So, perhaps before berating someone for calling someone lazy, you might try
reading the entire post.

Or...were you too lazy to read all of it?  (OK, it's JUST A JOKE!!!!
Please!!!)

Tom Sivak