Spring behavior

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:01:52 -0400

I'm looking for the quick convenience of a digital numerical output. This
would be in the rehlm of actually relieving
the SW of the wippen which is about 20g. I'm also looking to graduate the
tension for repetition lever tension; that
has to be a significant number; has anyone measured the weight of the
hammer at the wippen contact point?
I'm sure they have but not relinquished their findings.  Just what is the
tension required to lift the bass hammer
from check compare to a treble hammer.  Inquiring minds want to
know.  Friction is a factor, but what is the spread.

The range for this kind of strain gage is in the $600 region with computer
interface option a little more. That would
be nice for push-button Touch Weight data entry but for non-production
shops such as mine; that option is pie-in-the-sky.

Time on my hands and money to burn...

Jon Page