Whippen Cleaning

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:02:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear Robin,
     Yes, those wyphens came from a 1920's Ampico
grand that had been in fire, or a barn, or something:
black with filth, verdigrised and utterly seized-up!
    But don't worry about the "Super-Clean"TM eating
through your shoe! It won't do that. But if it wends
through the shoe laces, your foot will immediately
look like Alan Barnard's world-famous "dessicated
weasel bladders" - and stay that way for a week!!!!!!
Better wear your milkin' boots.
     By the way: I only recommended leaving the action
parts on the frame so that access to all sides can be
easily had, for blasting off filth and old felts
rapidly. If one is concerned about rail-warpage, the
wypphynze can be tossed in a 5 gallon bucket with 2
gallons of "Super-Clean"TM in the botom, let sit for 3
minutes, and then rinsed under hot water. Do NOT do
this in your bathtub, though, as the little felt
pieces will take up permanent habitation in your drain
pipes, and you will very possibly cuss a lot.
And ALWAYS wear a mask! Breathing these fumes will
make you feel lousy.
     Thump

=== message truncated ===