What prattel is a Thumper?

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:55:25 EST

In a message dated 1/20/2003 7:21:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, rrg@unlv.edu
writes:

> Okay Joe,you got me.  I must ask what is a "Thumper"?  Are we talking
> Disney
> here or is this the way you keep time with the sustain pedal?  A new drink
> perhaps, laundry detergent, a rap band?  My spell checker fails to
> acknowlege it as part of the English language.  Please tell us, inquiring
> minds want to know.
>
> To Joe and all:

A Thumper is a very annoying and repetitive noise with  very little value to
the listener. It is characterized by inane commentary and useless droning.
If treated properly, it will eventually go away.  It adds little value to
items it wishes to inundate with its sound.  It loves to hear itself, but is
apparently unaware of the high nuisance factor it engenders.

Bob Bergantino, RPT