OT Re: What prattel is a Thumper?

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:47:10 -0500

A Thump(er) is a person who is as passionate about his beliefs as he is =
about his work -- often quite outspoken, but always genuine.  We should =
all be such.

Sarah

PS The secret identity of this mysterious character can be found in the =
"from" field of each of his emails, for those who can't figure it out.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RptBob1@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 7:55 PM
  Subject: Re: What prattel is a Thumper?

  In a message dated 1/20/2003 7:21:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, =
rrg@unlv.edu writes:

    Okay Joe,you got me.  I must ask what is a "Thumper"?  Are we =
talking Disney
    here or is this the way you keep time with the sustain pedal?  A new =
drink
    perhaps, laundry detergent, a rap band?  My spell checker fails to
    acknowlege it as part of the English language.  Please tell us, =
inquiring
    minds want to know.

  To Joe and all:

  A Thumper is a very annoying and repetitive noise with  very little =
value to the listener. It is characterized by inane commentary and =
useless droning.  If treated properly, it will eventually go away.  It =
adds little value to items it wishes to inundate with its sound.  It =
loves to hear itself, but is apparently unaware of the high nuisance =
factor it engenders.

  Bob Bergantino, RPT