OT Re: What prattel is a Thumper?

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:37:05 -0500

Subject: OT Re: What prattel is a Thumper?

A Thump(er) is a person who is as passionate about his beliefs as he is
about his work -- often quite outspoken, but always genuine.  We should
all be such.

Sarah

PS The secret identity of this mysterious character can be found in the
"from" field of each of his emails, for those who can't figure it out.

Sarah,

         Last point first,   Yes it is possible to find true identity in
the "from "field, but a more forthright technique would make ownership
less uncertain.

      Secondly, Mr. Stetler has the right to his beliefs, but his recent
contributions, outspoken -yes, passionate -certainly, in my opinion
would be best expressed elsewhere.

         Are my postings always "on -topic" ? No---This response an
example I'm afraid. but when the rhetoric becomes as inflammatory as
Gordon's , the implied intent of this list seems corrupted.

 Does it have to be butts and flanges all the time? Probably not. But
some valued members have left the list, citing the level of extraneous
content for a reason and I for one have regrets if my reactions to Mr.S.
and Mr. B. have contributed to the "noise" and their departure.

         Speaking only for myself I will restrict my future
contributions however modest to the technical and convivial and use
private postings otherwise.

                     Sincerely

Thomas Driscoll     RPT