Virtual Capstan

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:02:44 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >We got maybe a hundred monkeys on this thing, and that's what you're
> >working on.
>
> Not me. I've confronted pretty much all the monkeys I'm currently prepared
> to hunt with the outlining of the basic "why" concepts of the leverage. The
> bulk of the rest will consist of building an action or two and trying them
> out on real world pianists to see if they fly. I'll pass that back to the
> inventor for R&D.

:) and a few of his buds around the globe. And thanks again for the << basics of
why >> lesson.

> >Thanks to you and Ric for carrying this thing so far.
>
> It ain't even out of the gate yet.

Correcto. Not even in the transport on the way to the race yet.... still being
groomed. But I think we have a decent chance of making a gate soon.

Seems to me at this point its putting together a whole action to see what
problems pop up (if any) and how serious they eventually are when all these
small magnets are side by side on each their own key and whippen. After all
thats looked at and solved if possible... getting some pianists to try it out
and see how they like the touch.

Personnally, my gut feeling is that this is quite viable. But we will see.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.