Maybe they should all try to tune their own pianos....

Donald Lemoine donspiano@Earthlink.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:58:59 -0400

Hello Piannaman , I tuned for a cello pro in a local symphony  and his=20=

wife was the piano player at rehearsal times ,  The piano was a baldwin=20=

Hamilton.    She was an expert at everything and tried her hand at=20
tuning,  She broke 47 strings through out the piano as she also said=20
she would replace the strings to her husband, She tried  he first=20
string to
replace and reported to the hospital as the steel wire cut her and went=20=

through her hand,
The call was reported as tuning and broken strings,  She paid for her=20
mistakes big time.

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 12:18  AM, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I sent a post a couple of weeks ago about going out to tune a piano=20
> for a gentleman who had attempted to tune his own instrument. =A0He =
was=20
> actually a very nice guy, and played the piano quite well, and because=20=

> he had a pretty muusical ear, he thought it would be a piece o' cake.
>
> I got a call back from him yesterday telling me what a great job I=20
> did, and how "in tune" the piano sounds. =A0That kind of phone call is=20=

> always nice to get. =A0But it got me to thinking...was it because he =
had=20
> attempted to achieve a good tuning on his own that he appreciated the=20=

> work of a professional tuner? =A0
>
> Maybe some of our less appreciative customers should be given a tuning=20=

> hammer and allowed to try their luck. =A0Anybody else ever have this=20=

> experience?
>
> Dave Stahl

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available