Player Pump Installation

Patrick C.Poulson pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:45:02 -0800

Good evening all: I will be going out to inspect a player piano tomorrow =
with the prospect of installing a motor on the player action. The piano =
currently has an Electrolux vacuum cleaner connected to the player =
system. Yikes! Some unknown "genius" installed this Electrolux, =
oblivious to the fact that when it is running you can hardly hear the =
piano! I also suspect that a vacuum cleaner does not create the proper =
level of vacuum, and may be overworking the system.  In any event, the =
client wants me to look over the piano and possibly install the correct =
motor, the one that Schaff sells.  I would appreciate any pointers on =
this job - the kit comes with installation directions, of course, but it =
would be nice to know of any potential difficulties in advance. Also, =
what about the automatic reroll unit? Do you usually install both =
together?=20
Thanks,=20
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician