The Runaway Piano (OT)

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:37:17 -0600

Hello Michael,

> Hello Barbara Richmond - somewhere in Peoria

> To you I'll give the punch line:

> "What was the author's overall message in this story?"

> Think first!

Ah, I see you believe in free-will.  But may I point out that it could have
been *fate* since the magic of the blue moon was significant?   :-)

> Ha! Ha! thud........... BTW I made a print-out of your story and am giving
>it to Maxim to read - it should make him laugh!  Who was the author?

I cannot take credit for producing this little gem.  Rob Goodale posted in
originally.

> Michael G (UK) in a fold of the Sussex Downs and my son Maxim is 6 years
> old tomorrow. I hope he has more sense than I did on that runaway piano
> fiasco.

My son is 6.  When I started reading the story to him, he went over
to the piano and tried to play it.  Guess it's time I teach him.  (In the
past he has informed me that he *already* knows how to play the piano.)  At
last!  I've been waiting for him to show some interest........

> Right now he's doing his violin practice...My wife Corina did the Open
> University English course and got a BA with Hons. So stop thinking and
> start doing!

Thanks for the encouragement.  I always like to see the reactions of people
when I tell them I have a BM with honors.  :-)

I started considering  the Master's in English after I did some editing in
(are you ready?) *particle physics* for a friend employed at CERN in Geneva.
It' fun, even though my brain feels like exploding after I've finished.  No,
I don't edit for *content,* just grammar and style--although my friend
teases me that I am free to check the physics if I have the time.  ;-)

Nice laughing with you!

Barbara Richmond, RPT
somewhere near Peoria, IL