Making a soundboard-S&S L board

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:04:47 EST

In a message dated 11/13/03 1:32:52 AM, Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

> What do I mean? This will answer Crashvalves question as well. When=20
> pre-stressing a board with good legitimate crown values as I described, it=
 does=20
> require having the plate in and secured with bolts & screws. Enough so tha=
t when=20
> driving the maple wedges between the struts and the bridge tops it (the=20
> plate)=A0doesn't flex.
>=20

Sorry about unsigned previous post. Don't put mouse pad in back of keyboard=20
to ease arm pain or forearm can trigger send. Anyone else out there with=20
perennially sore forearm from tunings ?
In fact, this is new thread, anyone making tuning handles custom to get the=20
precise length they want ? I've done several, and I wanted to change the thr=
ead=20
from an NPT to a machine fine, but the tuning tip is 30tpi and my lathe=20
doesn't have this in the gearbox. Anyone out there using a button die to cut=
 these=20
? Tuning lever length relates to forearm pain !!

Glenn C. (crashvalve)