Drop spoons on Brambach?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:50:31 EDT

List Readers,

I worked on a Brambach 5 foot (or so) grand a few weeks ago, and after tuning
it, I cleaned it inside and out.  The regulation wasn't as bad as I expected,
but some of the hammers were falling way too far after let-off.  I was going
to adjust the drop screws, when I realized that there were none.  Instead, it
turns out that the drop adjustment is a spoon mounted on the jack that
regulates drop distance of the knuckle/shank.  I suppose with some practice, and with
the appropriate tool, it wouldn't be that hard to regulate. But then, one
might get overly enthusiastic and snap a jack or two from time to time...

 I just thought it was odd and worth mentioning, since I'd never seen that
configuration before.  I doubt that I'll ever be called on to do a full
regulation on one of these, but just in case, does anyone have tips (besides
match-tips) on regulating these relics?

Thanks,

Dave Stahl