Sneaky Steinway

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:30:55 -0400

Hi Ron,

> D30 is the lowest plain strung note on this piano, which is a better=20=

> place to break on a piano of this length, but no manufacturer today=20
> has the courage to do it.

I have read you (and probably Del) present this idea before, but I=20
can't figure that one out. Courage in front of whom? With what? Some=20
others have suggested scrutiny from whomever (public or technicians),=20
but I really just don't buy that. We're not talking about making a=20
piano out of rotting particle board.

I have no doubt some people are strong minded in opposition to change,=20=

it's always that way! I'm sure you'll can pull up some comments from=20
such as these. But I also have little doubt it is a minority, and I=20
have difficulty believing companies such as Steinway or Mason and=20
Hamlin are simply too afraid of what people will think.

Plus, I have a Steinway L and I think the break sounds quite good in=20
comparison to some other nice pianos I've listened to which don't break=20=

near the bflat (such as a Steinway B or Baldwin SD10).

Please tell me it's deeper than this :-)

- John

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched