Baldwin Hamilton loose side panel

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:33:04 -0300

Hi,
Another way to get the glue in to the crack, is to use a pig. This is a reservoir for air, and you just put an air nozzle on it, and blow. They normally, come with a connector, that you can blow your tire up with.
You can fill them at a gas station, if you don't have an air compressor.
You might even be able to borrow one, to do the job.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe And Penny Goss
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 10:23 PM
  Subject: Re: Baldwin Hamilton loose side panel

  Hi again Jerry,
  It has been my experience that a tipper will not work for this project as the glue needs to be applied from the rear of the piano to get the neatest finished repair. One thing that I omited, to get the G glue to travel further into the seperated area use 2" masking tape to cover the crevasse.  This will somewhat direct the glue deeper between the two parts.
  Tipping the piano will only minimally allow  glue to travel with gravity, as the glue will suspend between the two sides and stop its flow due to surface tension.
  G glue is thicker than Tightbond but just a little swells up to 4 times its liquid volume. Then hardens to a sort of plastic that has little crawl.
  Joe Goss RPT
  Mother Goose Tools
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com