Baldwin Hamilton loose side panel

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:54:27 -0500

Hi Joe,

Use the syringe but forget about the needle. It just makes it require more
pressure to squeeze the glue out. Just use the plastic nib the needle screws
onto; jam the nib into your drilled hole (seems like 1/8 is about the right
size). The needles are good if you need to reach somewhere. But for this
one, you got the hole right there in front of you, no reaching required.

I'm sure it would work on bridges if you can get the hole in the right spot.
Works great on separated ribs and backposts, also. I really like the
urethane glue for this application, 'cause as you said, it fills all the
voids and is super sticky.

Blessings,

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Joe And Penny Goss
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 10:32 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Baldwin Hamilton loose side panel

Hey Dean,
I like that idea a lot better than my way. 1/8" drill and vet
1/8" OD long  needle and syringe. I have a dose syringe that would let me
power the glue in. Come to think of it one might even consider using liquid
hide glue.
Now looking for a piano to try it on <G>
Come to think of it this could work on loose bridges from the back?
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com