Keytops (please respond)

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:55:05 -0400

Hi Steve,
I find PVC-E, does a good job. You don't need to clamp, and cleans up =
with water.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I use the same glue. spread it on like butter with my finger....do five =
or six keys at a time....lay new top on as close as possible to all =
six...go back and pick them up..make alignment...press down evenly over =
key...let hang over edge of bench or something so new front is not =
touching...by the time your done...they are ready for trimming. Contact =
cement seems a little too permanent for future repair or replacement. I =
use to differant jigs, and routers for trimming...final touch up with =
file....back in piano.
3.5 - 4 hours.
Richard