Staib Matertouch

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:11:06 EDT

Hello Andrew,

  The Staib-Abendschein  is a very fine
action.  It is rated at fourteen hundred
blows  per minute.  Many say that it is
the fastest action ever. Over the years
I have found it to be very dependable.

   There are two "Staib" actions.  The
difference being mainly in the lower
part of the jack involving  the let off.

   I have some parts in stock. (not just
laying around).  If you will make a drawing
or a copy,  just lay it on a copy machine,
and sent it to me (fax O.K.)  I can let you
know quickly if I have them.  I also carry
other obsolete parts.

  This action has very little after-touch feel.
So don't worry about this.  The spring on
the Butt seems to be too strong for the
"back check".  Don't worry about this
ether.

  A model of this action will be displayed
in the Foundation Museum at the 2005
Convention in K.C.

Hope this helps,
Jack Wyatt